This Draw and website are operated by Mr G Vass whose address is 1, Melling Hall, Melling Carnforth, Lancs., LA6 2RA and whose website is “winacountryhall.com” and who is herein referred to as “the Promoter” or “we” or “us”.
By entering the Draw, Entrants are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
Each Entrant should keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their future reference.
“PRIZE”: 1, Melling Hall, Melling Carnforth, Lancs., LA6 2RA, or a cash prize as detailed in Section 3 below.
“REFERRAL PRIZE”: A second prize of £5,000 will also be shared between the two Entrants who have created the highest number of ticket sales by informing other people of the existence of the Draw, using the sharing URL link provided by the Promoter, as detailed in Section 3 below.
“DRAW”: The Draw operated by the Promoter to which these Terms and Conditions apply, wherein the Entrants submit entries via the website www.winacountryhall.com or by 1st class post to win the Prize. All entries, whether paid for or made by post, will be treated equally.
This Draw is intended to be a Free Draw, as defined within the Gambling Acts of 2005 and 2014.
“VALUATION”: (Based on 2 valuations by professional estate agents carried out in Feb 2020) £930,000 to include all fixtures, fittings, fitted carpets, curtains and most of the furniture plus first home stamp duty, and the Winner’s solicitors’ conveyancing fees up to a maximum of £1000 +VAT.
“PROMOTER”: Mr G. Vass of 1, Melling Hall, Melling Carnforth, Lancs., LA6 2RA
“ENTRY”: An entry submitted by a person to obtain a chance to win the Prize.
“ENTRANT”: Any person who enters the Draw through the Website or by 1st class post to win the Prize and who is over the age of eighteen.
“WINNER”: The Entrant who holds the Entry chosen by an independently supervised, random number selection system at some time after the Closing Date (see Section 5 below) who will receive the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
“OPENING DATE”: 15th of June 2020
“CLOSING DATE”: 15th of September 2020 (18:00 hrs) or when the Maximum Number of paid entries is received. The Promoter reserves the right to extend the closing date by up to three months, if the maximum number of Paid entries is not received by the closing Date above. The new closing date will be known as the “Secondary Closing Date”. Free postal entries will be given 3 days grace period to arrive after the close of the Draw, with the winner being selected within 7 days of either the Closing Date or the Secondary Closing Date, as pertains.
“MINIMUM NUMBER OF PAID ENTRIES”: 499,000
“MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PAID ENTRIES”: 649,000
In order to complete a valid entry into the Draw, all Entrants must submit all contact details requested by the Promoter. These details may not be amended after the Entrant has entered the Draw. As these details will be used to notify the Entrant who is the winner, it is important that they are accurate and correct for the duration of the Draw. By entering the Draw, Entrants warrant that all information which they submit is accurate and genuine. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise.
By entering into the Draw, all Entrants acknowledge that their Entry does not guarantee in any way that they will win the Prize, whether made by payment of £2.50 (GBP) or by post. The Draw seeks to raise funds, subject to achieving maximum ticket sales, to provide a donation of up to £200,000 shared between The St John’s Hospice, Charity Number 1157030 and NHS Charities Together, charity number 1186569.
The Entrants agree that the Promoter may use contact details and other data including personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 supplied by the Entrants to the Promoter to post the Name and Town of residence of the Winner on the Website, administer the Website and conduct the Draw according to these Terms and Conditions.
The Entrants accept that the Promoter may (either by choice or at the request of a third party) also disclose this information to relevant third parties for the purposes of the prevention of fraud, money laundering, legal or other financial or regulatory reasons.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant (entirely at their own discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
The Draw is open for entry to all persons aged 18 or over excluding the Promoter, their family, agents, employees, professional advisers or anyone else connected with the development or operation of the Website or administration of the Draw.
The Promoter does not in any way guarantee the value of the Prize which, particularly during the Covid-19 pandemic, will be subject to market uncertainties and fluctuations.
All Entrants must ensure that, by entering the Draw they do not contravene any laws of their country of residence. The Promoter will not be liable if an Entrant enters the Draw unlawfully.
The Entrants and the Promoter agree that the Draw, its administration and all associated activities are governed by English Law and the Promoter and Entrants recognise that the County or High Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising out of the Draw or its administration.
The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason.
- THE PRIZE
The purpose of the Draw is to raise money for charity and for Entrants to have the chance to win the Prize.
Subject to receipt of the Minimum Number of Paid Entries, the Prize will be the deeds and freehold to the property known as 1, Melling Hall, Melling, Carnforth, LA6 2RA, free of any mortgage, and with first-home stamp duty paid, and the winner’s solicitors’ conveyancing fees paid, up to a maximum of £1,000 +VAT.
However, it is possible that, despite the Promoter’s best efforts, the Minimum Number of Paid Entries may not be received. In this circumstance the Prize will be a Cash Prize, representing 100% of net ticket receipts, less the Charitable Donation. The precise amount of the Charitable Donation and thus the Cash Prize will be entirely at the Promoter’s discretion, but will be in the order of 80% for the Cash Prize and 20% for the Charitable Donation.
A second prize of £5,000 will also be shared between the two Entrants who have created the highest number of ticket sales by using the personal sharing URL link, which will provided by the Promoter upon the Entrant making an entry into the Draw. The amount of the Referral Prize is dependent upon the number of Paid Entries received. If the Minimum Amount of Paid Entries is received, the prize will be £5,000, split proportionally to the number of successful referrals. If the number of tickets sold is less than the Minimum Amount of Paid Entries, then the award will be reduced to an amount proportional to the number of tickets sold, the amount of the award to be entirely at the discretion of the Promoter. The winners of the Referral Prize will be chosen on the day of the main Draw, by the same method as the Prize and the winner announced on the same day, or as soon as possible thereafter.
- ENTERING INTO THE DRAW
The price of entering the Draw is £2.50 (GBP) per entry (also referred to as a “ticket”) and is payable using the Website. Free entry by 1st class post is also acceptable as detailed below:
Entrants may enter the Draw by mailing their full name, address, telephone number and email address. Entries must be sent on a postcard or on or within an envelope. Entries received on anything other than a postcard or envelope will not be accepted. In the case of multiple entries received in a single envelope or postcard, only one entry will be entered into the Draw. Each Entry must contain the following statement: “I have read and I accept the full Terms and Conditions, particularly with respect to The Prize”. If this statement is not present, then the Entry will not be valid and will not be considered.
Entries sent by post must be received at 1, Melling Hall, Melling, Carnforth, LA6 2RA by the closing date and time for receipt of entries. Postal entries without correct and sufficient postage paid will be invalid and will not be considered. Personal and hand deliveries will not be accepted.
To complete a valid Entry into the Draw via the Website, an Entrant must provide their contact details (as detailed above) and card payment details. Once the Entry is submitted and the Entrant’s card payment has been electronically approved, the Entrant will have made a valid Entry.
Only completed Entries will be entered into the Draw. Any entry made via the website that is not paid for will be deemed invalid and will not be entered into the Draw.
There is no limit to the number of entries that any one person can make via this website. There is also no limit to the number of free entries that an Entrant can earn by referring the Draw, using their “sharing” URL.
All Entries to the Draw are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason with the exception of Entries made via the Website up to 3 days after the closing date. These will be refunded by the Promoter. Postal entries will be accepted and included in the Draw if received within 3 days of the Closing Date.
All Entries will become the property of the Promoter on receipt, and will not be returned.
Each Entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this Draw.
English is the only language in which an Entrant may submit their entry, and entries will only be accepted in Pounds Sterling by Entrants.
- SELECTION OF THE WINNER
When the Maximum Number of Paid Entries or the Closing Date is reached, the Draw will close. However, if the maximum number of tickets is not sold by the Closing Date, the Promoter reserves the right to extend the closing date by up to 3 months at their discretion (the Secondary Closing Date).
The process to determine the Winner will begin the day after the Primary or Secondary closing date and a final decision will be made within 7 days of that date.
The winner of the Prize will be the Entrant whose details are randomly drawn using proprietary random selection software. The Draw will be independently conducted by Sterling Lotteries Ltd, using random number generating software that has been tested by a Gambling Commission approved test house and PriceWaterhouseCooper.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about the result of the Draw following the determination of the Winner as described above.
The Winner will be required to forward proof of their age and identity to the Promoter and may also be required to prove that their Entry was made using a valid debit/credit card belonging to the Entrant or used with the express authorisation of the card holder.
If the Winner cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 21 days of being selected by the random draw, using the contact details provided at the time of Entry, the Promoter shall be entitled to conduct another random draw. The Prize will then be awarded to the Entrant selected by this second draw (“The Alternate Winner“). The Winner or, if applicable, the Alternate Winner will be notified within 21 days using the information provided at the time of entry. The Winner or, if applicable, the Alternate Winner shall have 7 days from notification of their status by the Promoter to communicate their acceptance of the Prize.
The Winner is required to comply with all instructions and requirements as may be specified by the Promoter or any authorised third party in order to receive and/or take up the prize, including but not limited to providing responses within specified time frames, adhering to the itinerary, completing any required forms, delivering any required documentation and signing any relevant documentation. The Promoter will not be liable to the winner or any other persons where they fail to comply with such instructions and such failure may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer. For more details on these statutory rights you should contact your local Trading Standards Office or Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Nothing in the terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or suppliers’ negligence or for fraud or for any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law or regulation.
- The Promoter cannot promise that the technical services and systems relating to the draw will be free from fault or error, nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of any problem with any network or line, system, server, software, or for any technical malfunction or failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of the Promoter. Subject to 6i and 6ii, the Promoter does not accept responsibility where all or any part of the technical services relating to the Draw is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- Subject to 6i and 6ii, the Promoter accepts no liability for errors or omissions contained within any part of the Website including, but not limited, to the Prize details, description or specification. It is the responsibility of each Entrant to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of this website.
- Subject to 6i and 6ii, the Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by you as an entrant or participant howsoever arising from participating in the draw or from accepting any prize whether due to any error, omission by the Promoter or its or their employees, agents or others or by any other cause.
- Subject to 6i and 6ii, The Promoter is not responsible for any damage or loss caused to you (i) which is not reasonably foreseeable to you and to the Promoter when you enter the draw or (ii) is reasonably foreseeable to you and to the Promoter on entry but is only indirectly related to you entering or participating in the Draw.
- Subject to 6i and 6ii, the Promoter reserves the right to amend any element of the draw for reasons beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to the unavailability of the Draw entry platform before the closing date, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. Such amendment to include termination of the Draw. The Promoter is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to you as a result of any of these occurrences.
- Subject to 6i and 6ii, The Promoter will not be liable to reimburse the cost of, or expenses incurred in, making the draw entry.
- Subject to 6i and 6ii, the Promoter does not accept responsibility in the event that any entry is lost, delayed or not properly received, registered or recorded or for any incorrectly addressed or undelivered draw entries or for any disruption, delay or misdirection of such entries.